I am Sabine Melnicki from Vienna in Austria. With my team at WebAhoi ↗, I build websites for companies. From concept to implementation, we help companies to be visible online and find their corporate language.
Büro für Ernährung — dataspects (CH) — Digitalworld Academy — FRECH Interior Design — Galeria Ideal — Hupfer (DE) — JAMJAM — klenner.at — Libraconsult — lpkern Organisationsberatung — MENTOR — Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft (FFG) — Österreichischer Schulbuchverlag (öbv) — Schreibagentur — Schott, Täubler & Partner — Station Wien — TangoTunes — Volkstheater Wien — Weissglut Architektur — Zentrum für Verwaltungsforschung (KDZ)
My work focuses on numerous facets of digitalization: communication through language and content, information architecture and data design, visual implementation in branding. Currently, my research interest is aimed at "digital autonomy", i.e. the transfer of competencies in the area of conflict between digital technologies and social conditions.
Speaker (en/de) on semantic wikis, knowledge transfer, content design, visual design, open source software, digital autonomy.
- "How ugly! – What we can learn from Brutalism in Web Design" Talk, WordCamp Vienna (2020) [Download Slides] [Video]
- "How to Successfully Lose Readers" Lightning Talk, SMWCon Fall in Regensburg (2018) [Video]
- Datencockpit.at, netidee Video, funded project Datencockpit for GDPR (2018) [Video]
- "MediaWiki and the European GDPR (datencockpit.at)" Lightning Talk, EMWCon in Houston, Texas (2018) [Video]
- "Structuring knowledge according to 'Every Page is Page One (EPPO)'" Talk, EMWCon in Houston, Texas (2018) [Video]
- "Between the Brackets", Podcast with Yaron Koren on the topic of MediaWiki (2018) [Podcast]
- Berufe in der IT, Watchado Video, UBIT Story (2017) [Video]
… I hold degrees in German Philology (University of Vienna) and Applied Knowledge Management/e-Learning (FH Burgenland), am a shareholder of TangoTunes GmbH and a longtime language trainer. At present, I am a lecturer at FHWien der WKW and PH Wien in the masters programme "media management". As an expert, I support young entrepreneurs in the mentoring programme of imGrätzl. Since 2019, I am the host of Buchclub V, the non-fiction reading circle around digital transformation and the future.
You can book me for web consulting, webdesign, wiki and knowledge management consulting, or speaking at your event. Get in contact.